Who is an account owner?
By default the users who had requested the account (by requesting trial or by any other means) is termed as 'account owner' or simply as 'owner'.
What is the difference between an owner and an administrator?
In terms of privileges to configure the account and to add / modify / delete normal users, there is absolutely no difference.
There are only two differences....
1. There can only be one account owner whereas there can be multiple administrators.
2. Administrator cannot delete user who has ownership of the account, whereas an owner can delete user who is an administrator.
Why is an owner required?
An account owner is required due to the following reasons...
- Technically there has to be at least one user who has complete control of an account, that's an account owner, rest all users can be deleted / removed.
- For our support team, an account owners is like an authorised representative who is authorised to discuss and request certain changes for his/her account that may have very severe impact on usage of their account. Example: Deactivation of an account, suspension of an account etc.
How can ownership be transferred?
Ownership can only be transferred by current account owner to another user.
1. Current account owner should login in eRS Cloud.
2. Navigate to the 'Details' tab in administration section (Administration >> Details).
3. Click on 'Transfer Ownership' button and select new owner.
4. Enter account password to confirm that you want to transfer ownership and then click 'Transfer'.
5. You will see a confirmation message stating that ownership transfer email has been sent. Transfer will be complete once the new owner opens his/her email and accepts ownership.
Once the ownership has been transferred, there will be a tag next to the name of the new owner in the list of users (Administration >> Manage Users).
How to transfer ownership if the current owner has left the organisation and cannot be contacted?
This is a bit tricky scenario as it in involves ousting the user who we consider the authorised representative of an account.
In such scenario, MORE THAN HALF OF ALL THE ACTIVE USERS WITH ADMINISTRATOR rights need to send an individual email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning that...
"The current account owner ________________ (actor name and email address of the current account owner) is not contactable and therefore _____________ (enter name & email of new account owner) should be made the new account owner."
Example: If you have 5 remaining active users with administrator rights, then at least 3 of them need to send an individual email to email@example.com requesting ownership transfer.