This article outlines the steps required to request a license for the self hosted version of eRS Cloud and also provides answers to frequently requested questions.
Note: Organisations that are using the SaaS version (hosted by Enbraun Technologies) do not need to request or apply license.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to License
What is the role of a license?
License defines all the subscription parameters i.e. Number of resources that can be scheduled, expiry date of subscription and modules that can be accessed.
When is a license required?
A new license is required in the following scenarios...
1. When an organisation wants to start trial of the self hosted version.
2. When an organisation wants to start a paid subscription.
3. When an organisation wants to modify its existing subscription. i.e. Change the number of resources and/or modules that can be accessed.
4. When an organisation wants to renew subscription.
Can a license be requested prior to installing eRS Cloud on an organisation's server?
No, license can only be requested and applied after all the installation steps have been completed.
Who can request and/or apply a license?
Only account owner and users with access to licensing screen can request and/or apply a license, as they have access to the information required to complete required steps.
Is server access required to request and/or apply license?
No, direct access to the server is not required, but user should be able to access eRS Cloud application using a browser on a client machine and should be able to login as owner user or user who has access to licensing screen.
How to access licensing Screen?
1. Licensing screen is automatically visible to users with access to licensing screen if, no license has been previously applied (fresh install) or when an existing license has expired.
2. Users with access to licensing screen can open the licensing screen from the drop down menu under their name, located on the top-right of the screen.
Understanding the licensing Screen
The licensing screen provides all the information about your subscription.
What is an instance ID and why is it important?
Every installation of eRS Cloud has a unique instance ID. Every license is tied to a unique instance ID and can only be applied on that particular instance.
Steps to Request & Apply License
How to request a license?
To request a license, kindly email the following information at firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to your account manager (if applicable).
1. Instance ID (exactly as shown on your licensing screen).
2. Number of resources you want to schedule.
3. Modules you want to access.
Note: The email should include organisation's name, requestor's name and requestor's designation (job title).
Example of license request email that needs to be sent to email@example.com
How to apply a license?
Once we receive your request for a license, we will respond back by email along with a license file.
To apply the received license, click on the 'Apply License' button on the licensing screen, an 'Apply New License' window will open up.
You can select the license file from a location on your computer using 'Choose File'
You can open the license file in any text editor ('Notepad' on windows, 'TextEdit' on Mac), copy the license text and paste it in the box in 'Apply New License' window.
Now click the 'Apply' button, the subscription settings will get updated and you will be able to see subscription details on the licensing screen.