1. We use Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to host our application, database & integration servers and AWS to host our email servers. AWS and GCP are industry leader in cloud computing with reputation for reliability, scalability and security. For organisations who want absolute control of their data, we offers self-hosted option.
2. We have configured separate Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) that houses production application and database servers.
3. Separate but identical production and test environments, allowing through testing of all enhancements, fixes and updates before being released.
CONNECTION & ENCRYPTION
4. Connections are end to end encrypted using TLS 1.2.
5. Strong ciphers
6. HSTS for secure transport.
7. Direct connection to database is not allowed from public internet.
8. We use OAuth 2.0 for integration authentication.
9. We follow 3-point backup policy.
10. Database backups are taken daily.
11. DB backups are in a separate GCP data centre within USA. To protect against localized natural disasters.
12. We follow strong password format, 8 – 50 characters and must include minimum 1 numeric value and 1 special character.
13. User passwords are hashed using Scrypt.
14. Anti-Automation: User will be asked to enter CAPTCHA after 2 failed login attempts.
15. Lockout Mechanism: User account will be locked for 24 hours after 5 consecutive failed login attempts.
16. Front and backend validations to ensure enforcement of password policy.
OTHER TECHNICAL MEASURES
17. Strong measures taken to protect from Cross-Frame Scripting vulnerabilities.
18. Strong measures taken to prevent SQL injections & related vulnerabilities.
19. Strong measures to prevent JacaScript Hijacking.
20. Strong measures against Brute Force attacks.
21. Session Timeout after 18 minutes of inactivity.
22. Each client / subscriber to eRS Cloud is a different tenant in database, we have clear separation among tenants at schema level, making sure that client / subscriber data is completely protected and is accessible exclusively to its client / subscriber.
PHYSICAL DATA SECURITY
23. All new employees have to get police verification done, this ensures that no one has a history of any criminal offences, specially related to IT fraud and data security.
24. Only handful of trained and vetted employees have access to production environment and even fewer to database and backups.
25. Multi-factor authentication is required by employees to access servers.
26. Access logs are maintained showing which technical engineers have accessed servers and when.
DATA CONFIDENTIALITY BY DESIGN
27. Application is managed by client’s own administrator. No involvement required from our side.
28. Only client’s administrators and users with necessary access rights can view, add, edit and delete data in client’s account.
29. Application offers very flexible user access rights. Thus, administrator can define required level of access for every user. This facilitates in implementing ‘Need to know’ concept of confidentiality.
30. Every user has individual login credentials then need to be entered to access the account.
31. There is NO backdoor access and there is NO super administrator level, so account managers and technical support personnel from our end cannot access data in client accounts.
DATA CONFIDENTIALITY BY POLICY
32. All data entered in client account is owned and managed by the client.
33. We do not collect any data in the background / without user’s knowledge.
34. We never share, sell, trade or rent client data to any third party except when required by our service providers to enable them to perform their contracted services or required by law.