To understand how subscription fee is calculated, we first need to explain the following terminology which is often used in context to eResource Scheduler.
- User: Any person who can access eResource Scheduler application using his / her individual login ID & password or SSO. Users can view and modify data on different screens as per their individual access rights. Users are added by system administrators in Administration >> Manager Users tab.
- Resource: Any person, equipment, meeting room etc. that is scheduled in eResource Scheduler is referred to as a 'Resource'. Resources are added by users on the 'Resource' screen.
Modules: A logical grouping of functionalities is called a 'Module'. Not every organisation needs to use all the modules, so by offering module based pricing, we have ensured that organisations only pay for what they use. Currently we offer the following modules...
- 'Scheduling Module' includes all the features which are required to properly profile, identify and schedule resources on different projects and generate related reports (Utilization report, Availability report etc.).
- 'Scheduling Plus Module' includes advanced scheduling features such as resource request, resource suggestion (with match score), gap reporting, capacity forecasting report, multi time-zone support and third party calendar integration.
- 'Timesheet Module' includes all the features that enable capturing actual time spent by resources on different projects, workflow based timesheet approval and related reports (Timesheet report, Planned vs Actual Utilzation, Planned vs Actual Utilization etc).
- 'Financial Module' includes all the features (i.e cost & billing rates) required to generate cost, revenue and profit reports at different levels i.e. Resource, Project, Client etc.
- 'Authentication Plus' includes Single Sign-On (SSO) and two factor authentication (2FA) that provide additional user authentication options.
Billing / Subscription Term: Is the total duration for which the subscription is active, after completion of the billing term, the subscription needs to be renewed. Currently we offer...
- 'Monthly' subscription. Automatically renews monthly until you cancel.
- 'Annual' subscription. Renews annually on the anniversary of your subscription start date. Discounted pricing is applicable for annual subscriptions.
How is the subscription fee calculated?
The subscription fee is calculated using 3 factors...
a. The total number of resources that you wish to schedule.
b. Modules that you wish to subscribe.
c. The billing term that you opt for.
Pricing for SaaS version is as follows...
|1||Scheduling Module (Core)||USD 5||USD 48||20% Discount in Annual Billing|
|2||Scheduling Plus (Optional)||USD 3||USD 24||33.3% Discount in Annual Billing|
|3||Timesheet Module (Optional)||USD 5||USD 48||20% Discount in Annual Billing|
|4||Financial Module (Optional)||USD 4||USD 36||25% Discount in Annual Billing|
|5||Authentication Plus (Optional)||USD 2||USD 20||16.6% Discount in Annual Billing|
Note 1: For easier understanding, this table shows pricing for a single resource. In production, minimum subscription is for 10 resources.
Note 2: This table shows pricing for SaaS version. If you opt for self-hosted version, annual billing discount is not applicable.
Note 3: Personalised account manager support and use of our Open REST API is included, irrespective of resource numbers, modules and term.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does number of users impact the subscription fee?
A. Users do not have any impact on the subscription fee. You can have as many users as you want and every user can have a different level of access based on their requirements.
Q. Can a single user schedule multiple resources?
A. Absolutely. You can have a single user scheduling hundreds of resources or you can have multiple users scheduling hundreds of resources.
Example: In 'Organisation A' 1 user schedules 10 resources and in 'Organisation B' 5 users schedule 10 resources. Assuming that everything else except the number of users is the same in both the organisations, the subscription fee will be the same. As the total number of resources being scheduled are 10 in both cases.
Q. Do we also need to pay for archived resources?
A. No, you do not need to pay for archived resources. If a resource has left your organisation and is no longer available to be scheduled, you can simply archive that resource, so all the historical data is maintained, but resource cannot be scheduled further. Archived resources are not included in subscribed resource limit. Only active resources are counted.
Q. Does adding a user automatically adds a resource with the same name?
A. No, adding a user does not automatically add a resource with the same name.
Q. Does adding a resource automatically adds a user?
A. No, adding a resource does not automatically add a user with the same name.
Q. Can we map / link users and resources?
A. Yes, you can create resources and users separately and then map them to one another.
Example: You schedule a resource named 'John Smith' and he needs access to the system, so he can login and view his own schedule. You can create a user named 'John Smith' and then map him to the resource John Smith and give this user view access.
Q. Can we limit the access given to a user?
A. Yes, eResource Scheduler supports extremely flexible user access rights. You can use a combination of screen level access and advance rules to precisely configure the level of access that you want a user to have.
Q. Can there be multiple users with administration rights?
A. Yes, you can have multiple users with admin rights. User access rights have nothing to do with subscription fee.
Q. Can we increase or decrease the number of resources mid-term?
A. Yes, you can increase or decrease the number of resources anytime. A mid-term increase will result in a pro-rata charge and decrease will result in pro-rata credit that will be applied on your next renewal invoice.
Q. Do we need to subscribe to all the modules?
A. No, only the 'Scheduling Module' is mandatory, rest all the modules are optional.
Q. Can we unsubscribe a particular module after subscribing?
A. Yes, you can subscribe or unsubscribe to optional modules any time during your subscription term.
Q. Can we switch from monthly subscription to annual subscription?
A. Yes, you can upgrade from monthly subscription to annual subscription any time. An upgrade will result in a pro rata charge.
Q. Can we switch from annual subscription to monthly subscription?
A. Yes, you can downgrade from annual subscription to monthly subscription any time. Downgrade will result in a pro rata credit that will be applied in your next renewal invoice.
Q. Do we need to pay extra for support?
A. No, you do not need to pay anything extra for support. Personalised account manager support is included in the subscription fee. For details on scope of account manager support, kindly refer to this support article.
Q. What are the available payment options?
A. If you opt for monthly billing, then payment can be made via credit or debit card. If you opt for annual billing, then payments are accepted via direct bank transfer / wire.
Q. If we cancel, can we get a refund?
A. No, we do not offer refunds. We offer a fully functional and supported free trial, therefore once an organisation subscribes, it implies that they have evaluated eResource Scheduler as per their requirements. If you are still getting used to the application and are not 100% sure, then we recommend you start with the monthly subscription (less investment). Once you are fully convinced, you can always upgrade to annual billing to benefit from discounted pricing.
Q. How do we cancel our subscription and ensure that we are not charged at the time of renewal?
A. To cancel your subscription, simply write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to your account manager. Once we receive your cancellation request, we will ensure that your subscription is not renewed and you are not charged.